Your rice leftover can be used to make golden & crunchy rice cakes.
Crunchy rice cakesFor 8 to 12 cakes
– 1 cup of cooked, leftover rice
– 1 ½ cup of water
– 1 egg
– 5 onions
– 2 tablespoon of white flour
– Salt and pepper
– Vegetable oil to fry
1. Mix all ingredients (except oil which is to be used for frying) in a large bowl.
2. Spoon of mixture into hot oil in a frying pan.
3. Flip the rice cakes back and forth until golden and crispy.
4. Serve hot with a main dish or with salad.
A tomato leftover, a little of maize alone in the fridge, …
Add them in the mixture, your Crunchy Rice Cakes will taste even more delicious!